Thursday 23 December 2010

BUTTTON UP!!!

DESN 3760 – ADVERTISING AND BRAND COMMUNICATION

WEEK 1: - “Persuade target audience that buttons are better than zips.”

Creative Intention: Distinguish buttons as a fun / creative alternative to zips.

I found through my research that buttons are more reliable and easier to replace when they fail whereas zips prove more problematic to upkeep. I want to display buttons creatively to show that they can add to a design rather than just serve a purpose. I did this by using different colours and using buttons to create a picture. My target audience are inspiring young adults of both sexes who have an interest in creative fashion (between the ages of 15-23).


WEEK 2: - “Create a brand for either Zips or Buttons aimed at your chosen audience.”

Creative Intention: Create a strong brand with a clear emphasis on my product.

To produce strong brand values of reliability and creativity I focused on using neutral colours and simple shapes to portray the characteristics of my brand. I used the word BOOM to create impact, while using the aesthetic aspects of the word to display buttons within my logo. This enabled a clear message from first glance.

My advert aimed to maintain this theme of impact through simplicity, while incorporating creative aspects through colour. Alongside this, the poster uses a separate theme to stimulate brand loyalty and to set BOOM apart as a strong brand within a homogenous market.



No comments:

Post a Comment