Thursday 23 December 2010

IRON PRESS...

DESN 3760 – ADVERTISING AND BRAND COMMUNICATION

We were given a brief to create a campaign for a new soft drink called IRON PRESS. We were given a limited budget as this was press only. It is the first live and real project that I have been given so I wanted to create something that would make an impression, good or bad, and make this campaign stand out from the other soft drink competitors. My brief had to appeal to a target audience of ‘REAL MEN’, therefore I chose to create a campaign that was shocking yet appealed to the target audience of real men! I produced a series of magazine adverts and to compliment this I have created some point of sale drink coasters. The magazine would appear in typical lads mags such as Nuts, Zoo, Loaded and FHM. With my ‘laddish’ content I produced a deliberate provocative and humorous campaign to create shock but above all to make the reader laugh. So from that it could go viral and lots of people would talk about it. In addition as its provocative and funny I would hope the national press would pick it up in their news sections and even get it banded which would create additional buzz. It’s risky and shocking some might say but above all its funny and makes the brand stand out from other soft drink competitors.











No comments:

Post a Comment