Thursday 12 November 2009

About me

What's your full name?
Emily Charlotte Grainger Weller

When were you born?
04/05/1989

Where are you from?
I was born in London. I grew up in Linchonshire then moved at the age of 11 to Leicestershire and continued to work and live there until the age of nineteen when I moved to Leeds to study Graphic Design.

What did you study for A level?
I studied graphic design, textiles and theatre studies where I achieved A,B,B

Have you got any favourite influences?
I have lots of favourite influences, all for different reasons. Fashion photography is one of my main inspirations.
Tim Bret Day is one of my favourite photographers because the way he uses his imagination. Look at the adverts he has done for Agent Provocateur and Harvey Nicholas and need I say more.  
Tim Walker's images are just so inconceivably detailed, interesting, crazy and beautiful all at once.  I love the way he uses imagination, dream and fairy tale to tell a story - this is what dreams are made of.... 
I am also inspired by other media including illustrations, paintings and graphics. There is no end to influence in an artist's world everything can be taken for inspiration, even the smallest thing like a cereal box!!


Here are just a few pics of me which were photographed by one of my best friends, Zoe Lower






No comments:

Post a Comment