Saturday 14 November 2009

V magazine!



 Grace Jones is the Jamaican icon who has seams to have done it all - music, acting and modeling.  So what a perfect reason to have her face as the Spring Preview 2009 issue of V magazine. I just love, love, love her! Is it me or is she still one of the baddest people out there and this image just shows the fierce badass girl in her. Its so striking and powerful. I love the contrast with her dark smooth skin and the silver 'V" and the texture of the sparkly hat.

This spread was shot by the fabulous art director Jean-Paul Goude.

Lady Gaga..... Need I say more! This shoot was taken by Mario Testino (one of the best fashion photographers today). I love the colour contrasts with this image. It jumps out to me, it's fun, energetic and angular. The angles used form a composition, they make the structure stand out more than most mag covers. 


Well a very interesting cover to an even more interesting spread. The semi nude pictures just show another day, another outrageous outfit from Lady Gaga!! Is there anything else more for her to do to shock us?!?


No comments:

Post a Comment