Thursday 12 November 2009

Poppy Project



For one of my projects in my first year at Leeds University I was given the brief to design a campaign that made the Remembrance Poppy more appealing for the younger generation and to make them wear it more. I did some research and found out that most of my target market found the paper poppy annoying to wear because of the pin and mostly because it gets lots or destroyed. Therefore I came up with the idea of having a t-shirt with the image of the poppy on it and saying Remember 08. I wanted to make the campaign look at the positive side of Remembrance day therefore I decided to make it about why we should be proud to wear the poppy. I made the images of the t-shirts more fun and suitable for different genders so that it suited a wider range of people and ages. The t-shirts could also be worn all year round so that we remember those who gave up their lives for us all the time not just before Remembrance day. 

1 comment:

  1. After the remembrance service outside the University of Leeds student union I returned to my office to listen to this and some other remembrance music:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mUzQ6Am-bbc

    ReplyDelete