Monday 23 November 2009

Alex Box Makeup

Alex Box makeup by Rankin creates a powerful fusion of art and fashion. Her images intrigue the audience with the use of bold, dramatic and vibrant colours. It gives a creative and innovative effect within the image. She has made makeup more as an art form and alternatively it immediately draws the attention to the audience eye. 

A picture says a thousand words and this is why I love Alex Box's work. I love the fun playful colours she uses in this image. The texture of the makeup makes the image feel more alive and makes it more fun to look at. It's such a dramatic image and in a way makes me think of the Joker in the new Batman film but in more feminine and not as scary. 

I love love love the pattens she has used in these two images. It makes the image feel more alive and free flowing. For me the makeup has become an art form. The images radically deconstruct conventional images of beauty in fashion. I love the way she has experiment with the structure and performance with fantasy and fashion within the human face.  It's is so beautifully structured and so powerful. 

No comments:

Post a Comment